Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Footrests

Pondered for along time about this because I didn't really want to have to drill though the hull in order to attach the original footrests included with the kit, since these were probably the best to go with since they are easily adjustable. You can see that I've cut two pieces of 1 1/2" by 1/2'' red oak about 17"s long which I will attach the foot rests to once the wood is attached to the inside of the hull using epoxy mixed with coilidal silica. I created a notch on the back sides of each piece in order to use a screw thru the outside of the footrest frame, thru the red oak. then a back up locking nut on the backside next to the hull. What I've done so far is cut and coat these pieces with epoxy and again filling the predrilled holes with q-tips coated epoxy. Tomorrow, I'll attempt to attach these wood strips to the inside of the hull.




1 comment:

Julie said...

Almost completed!! I know you're really ready to have some fun with it